Our Services allow us to collect information from and about users when you when you visit or use the Sites and Apps on our Network. We gather this information from our own Sites and Apps, the Sites and Apps of our clients, and other third party websites, ad exchange networks and services we work with to provide the Services (“Partners”). As more described in this Policy, We may collect information such as your device ID; IP address; geolocation data (if you have enabled your device to share location information); browser type; the website from which you accessed the Site or App; click-stream data about your activity on the Site or App such as the times you access the Site or App, and the pages and content you visit; and the types of products, services, and content in which you may be interested based on your online and App activities.
The information we may collection in operating its Services consists of both Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”). PII is information used or intended to be used to identify a particular individual (i.e. name, contact addresses, billing information and government identifiers such as a driver’s license). We will collect PII that you voluntarily provide to us or our clients and Partners directly, such as information you provide in completing a registration form, information you publicly share over social media including your username or handle, photos, and other public information you make available based on your privacy settings on third party sites and services.
“Non-PII” is information that is linked or reasonably linkable to a particular computer or device, but does not reveal your specific identity or directly identify an individual. Non-PII may include browser and device information, pages visited, language preferences, date and time an ad was served, clicks on ads, and other anonymous traffic data; your geolocation data; unique identifier, including mobile device identifier or statistical identifiers (which may collect and use certain characteristics of your device to help us identify it over time), demographic information, and aggregated information. You are always free to turn off geolocation (or limit it to certain mobile applications) or to adjust your advertising tracking settings on your device. Non-PII enables us to recognize your device when you use Sites and Apps across our Network and in connection with our Services.
TRACKING OPTIONS AND CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK
Our Services include an advertising system that allows us to help our advertising and publishing clients provide more relevant advertising and content on the Sites and Apps on our Network. In general, we use the information collected from and about you on the Sites, Apps and from Partners to enhance our Services by providing your device with advertising and content that is more closely related to your interests. For example, the information is used to create audiences that are grouped together based on shared interests or preferences (e.g., Sports Fans, car enthusiasts, movie goers) and to measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. Data used to create online audiences is de-identified, helping ensure that neither the ad server nor our cookies contain any PII. While our advertising services are targeted, our system is set up to create anonymous user profiles and not to identify individuals specifically. We may share Non-PII, aggregated information, and de-identified information with our clients, advertisers and Partners.
Our Services also include our UberRetail services, which provide robust data information and reports to advertising clients and customers. We collect Non-PII when you use Sites and Apps and some Partners may make Non-PII, including geolocation information, available on certain platforms. We can only collect geolocation data if you have enabled it on your device and given permission to the Site or App. We collect Non-PII including this geolocation data in the course of providing our Services, and then utilize our technology to derive and provide our clients and customers with demographic and statistical analyses, such as identifying patterns that will enhance the relevance of ads, providing advertisements to certain types of audiences, identifying and optimizing trade areas, and business locations, and for helping our clients make informed business decisions about consumer behavior. We may share this Non-PII via UberRetail with advertisers, clients, and Partners.
We may share the information we collect from and about you (including personal information) with third parties, such as our advertiser or publisher clients, Partners, sponsors and business partners for their own use.
We may also share the information we collect, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- We might share your personal information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Sites, Apps, and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users, clients, Partners, or business partners.
- Collection of PII may occur, for example, if someone submits information in response to an ad that we provide on behalf of an advertising client. Such information may consist of PII, non-PII, or both. In such situations, we collect the information and provide it to our client, and it will be subject to that client’s privacy practices.
- When businesses subscribe to our Services, the order process may request a credit card transaction. Order information is encrypted when it is transmitted for credit card processing to the credit card services provider and when returned to us. Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble information in transit. Our website is also registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm our website’s identity before any transmission is sent.
All of the user data is kept on servers that UberMedia manages, using reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure of dat. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or information contained in our servers can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its security.
Information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may be different from those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store information in the United States and your use of our Products or Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under age 13. If you believe your child has provided UberMedia with personal information, such as by registering at one of our Apps without parental consent, and you would like to have the data removed, please contact us using the contact information below.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Or you can contact us by mail at:
130 West Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103
Attn: Network Privacy Manager
On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. If you would like to opt out of our targeted advertising via our Network, you may follow the instructions provided at our Opt Out page. By opting out, when our Services are used on our Network, your mobile device will be identified as opting out of receiving targeted advertising. Please note you may continue to receive advertising on your mobile device from other advertising service providers.
There are a few things to keep in mind regarding your opt-out choice:
- These preferences apply only to ads delivered by us on our Network. The preferences you provide to us do not apply to ads delivered by other advertising service providers.
- Because of the way mobile technology works, you will need to opt-out separately for mobile web and for mobile apps.
- If we are unable to confirm your device ID or if you provide an inaccurate or invalid device ID, it will limit our ability to process your opt out request.
Please note that if you change your computer, change your web browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to renew all of your opt-out choices again to make them effective.
Updated: December 2015