- Automatic Collection: Like most technology providers, we use common internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons to measure users’ interactions with the Products. This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, referring website addresses, browser type and access times. If you use the Products, we may also collect data related to your use of the application and the device on which the application is loaded.
- Volunteered: If you register with us, fill out a profile page, purchase Products, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect and store whatever information you share. This obviously depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address, or credit card information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site or Products.
- Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (or elsewhere on the internet), that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting such information may result in unsolicited messages or contact from others, to say the least.
- Use of Social Media Applications: The Products utilize certain API ‘feeds’ or other mechanisms provided by third parties, including Twitter or Facebook as applicable (‘Third Party Apps’), to access your accounts as authorized by you during your use of the Products and to display Content (as defined in our Terms) on your desktop or mobile device. The Products work within the privacy settings of the account holders for such Third Party Apps and do not access Content, data or information not authorized by those privacy settings. Please refer to the privacy settings in your Third Party Apps account to manage your public profile and other aspects of your account.
- Mobile Location Information: If you have activated a mobile application and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, we will collect and store information related to your mobile device location to help provide a better experience with our Products. Some functional use of the Products may be dependent on the data related to your geographic location and geopositional data. If the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive location information, we may also associate location information with other information we have about you.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The short answer is that we use information to help us provide you with better experience with the Products. It also helps us, and our advertisers and partners provide you with more relevant offers. Among other things, the information we collect enables us to:
- customize the advertising and content you see
- fulfill your requests for products and services and validate your user rights
- improve the Products
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
- use the information as described to you when we collect it
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like your IP address and referring website addresses. We may share anonymous information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners. For example, we may engage a third party to help us measure and analyze anonymous information from users who use the Products or of the performance of advertisements.
- All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). In certain circumstances, we may share any or all information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Products available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants. We may also combine personal information from one Product with information obtained from other UberMedia services.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
Information that UberMedia collects is stored on servers that UberMedia manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or information contained in our servers can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, UberMedia cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Products and you do so at your own risk.
Information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that UberMedia processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Products constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Products not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Products includes unmonitored content posted by users and sourced from other third parties and as you can imagine, such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Or you can contact us by mail at:
130 West Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications your receive from UberMedia, please contact us at the above.
Effective: May 2013